Vice President, Communications & Public Affairs (UK)August 5, 2022
Bullpen Strategy Group (BSG) is a public affairs and strategic advisory firm that helps clients solve problems, grow, and manage risk.
We’re seeking an exceptional individual in a senior role to help build our public affairs and communications offering in the UK and Europe.
The successful candidate will lead on building and developing BSG’s public affairs offering in the UK and
Europe. They will:
- Proactively seek out and develop new business opportunities for the firm.Plan and executive complex public affairs campaigns, integrating BSG’s research, media monitoring and digital capabilities where appropriate.
- Lead the process of distilling obscure or technical information and transforming it into potent advocacy material.
- Build comprehensive media plans, conduct press outreach, and lead on communications strategy for our clients.
- A proven track record of working on UK or international public affairs campaigns.
- A strong track record of pitching for and securing new business.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience is required, in a consultancy, campaigns or communications environment.
Other Desirable Skills
- The ideal candidate possesses impeccable writing and editing skills, is comfortable working with journalists, demonstrates strong organizational skills, and approaches challenges with vigour and tenacity.
- The ability to turn data, dense research materials and ideas into actionable next steps.
- Strong writing skills, a professional demeanour, and good knowledge of both the national and international media environment.
A competitive salary is available for the right hire, based on experience and qualifications. The remuneration package includes a generous commission on new business, private health insurance, and flexible working arrangements.