Media IntelligenceOctober 11, 2023 |
Bullpen Strategy Group (BSG) is an insights-focused public affairs advocacy and strategic advisory firm specializing in analysis, communications strategy, and project management to help clients solve problems, grow, and manage risk.
With offices in Washington, D.C., Dallas, and London, BSG’s partners have spent years working at the center of the action where strategy, communications, and research merge. We’ve worked on some of the most high-profile political, corporate, and public policy challenges of the past decade. Today, we bring that same collaborative, all-hands approach to help our U.S. and international clients address challenges with unique, comprehensive, and results-oriented strategies.
We are seeking new team members to join our Media Intelligence practice. The ideal candidate possesses an insatiable curiosity, an unbiased perspective, a voracious appetite for current events and politics. Media Intelligence Associates are trained on the job by best-in-class mentors who will teach monitoring best practices and how to conduct thorough analysis.
The role is in-office, Wednesday to Friday, with core hours of 10am – 6pm, and remote Saturday and Sunday, with core hours of 9am – 5pm.
Our operation is constantly evolving, so these hours may be subject to change.
The successful Associate is eager to build their analytical skills; is creative, detail-oriented, self-motivated, highly organized, and resourceful.
Key Areas of Responsibity
- Using a variety of tools, continuously monitor all relevant forms of media, including traditional print, social, broadcast, and online news for breaking developments.
- Alert clients in real-time to new developments using BSG’s proprietary Dashboard system.
- Compile news items into collections and distribute to clients and internal stakeholders at regular, predetermined intervals.
- Assist with back-end data management.
- Assist with the composition of analytical reports.
- Strong interest in or experience with monitoring and/or analyzing world news and current affairs.
- Strong interest in or experience using media monitoring tools (Tweetdeck, TV Eyes, Meltwater etc.)
- Ability to efficiently manage varied time constraints while maintaining accuracy and thoroughness.
- Experience with basic internet research tools (Google News, public records, government databases).
- Professional or internship experience in a political or news-oriented field preferred.
To apply for the position, please email your resume via email to email@example.com with subject line “Media Intelligence”.