Director, Media RelationsAugust 9, 2022
Bullpen Strategy Group (BSG) is an insights-focused public affairs advocacy and strategic advisory firm specializing in analysis, communications strategy, and project management to help clients solve problems, grow, and manage risk.
BSG is seeking a Media Relations Director to manage a portfolio of client accounts.
Reporting to the Partner of Public Relations and Communications, the Director will be responsible for managing media outreach, thought leadership, and public relations work.
The Director will participate in strategy and execution for media relations activities, including building a media relations plan, identifying newsworthy opportunities, pitching media, developing relationships with key reporters, conducting media training as needed and working with reporters on any placements in progress to maximize storytelling opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Three to five years of experience in media and/or communications. Previous experience as a journalist is a plus.
- An understanding of news cycles and preparation of strategies and messages.
- Proven ability to communicate articulately and creatively.
- Expert-level writing skills, including grammar and punctuation as well as ability to pick up a voice and extend it across a variety of platforms.
- Experience pitching stories to media, or enthusiasm for learning the art of media relations.
- Position requires strong public relations skills and the ability to place stories within top-tier media outlets including television, nation print and digital programming.
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work well in a team environment and independently to achieve common objectives.
- Comfortable interacting with a variety of stakeholders.
- Solid problem-solving skills including identifying and recommending solutions.
- Ability to work with multiple priorities and deadlines and to pitch in where needed.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with others.
- Thrive on working in a fast-paced, dynamic, start-up environment.
To apply for the position, please email you resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Director, Media Relations” or fill out the application below.