Associate to Vice President, Research and PolicyAugust 5, 2022
Bullpen Strategy Group (BSG) is an insights-focused public affairs and strategic advisory firm that helps clients solve problems, grow, and manage risk. BSG is seeking Research and Policy talent at the Associate – Vice President levels to join our team.
Our research and policy team works to conduct, synthesize and package research and analysis on behalf of clients.
Qualified candidates possess at least 2 years of relevant experience as an analyst, researcher or correspondent in politics, policy, finance or public affairs firm or industry association. Ideal candidates are detail-oriented, possess a voracious appetite for news and have a ravenous curiosity that drives them towards deep dives for information, asking the underlying questions and identifying solutions. We want candidates who can stay abreast of legislative, regulatory, corporate, and other marketplace developments in transportation, energy, and all other sustainability areas. Candidates should have exceptional writing skills, a familiarity with relevant policy areas and a killer political instinct. Comfort with online research platforms and field research is preferred.
The ability to recognize news angles and generate creative ideas for earned and social media campaigns is highly valued.
- A minimum of an undergraduate degree, preferably in communications, policy, political science, government affairs, economics, or related field.
- Relevant experience in a legislative body, public interest, campaign, or grass-roots researcher/policy role is highly preferred.
- Excellent writing skills and the ability to communicate ideas persuasively.
- Highly organized and able to manage competing priorities and deadlines simultaneously.
- Proficiency in online research tools such as LexisNexis, Westlaw, campaign finance databases, and other research databases.
- Be a creative, problem solver who can identify and address the unique needs of each client.