Associate to Vice President Levels, Research and PolicyNovember 16, 2023 |
Bullpen Strategy Group (BSG) is an insights-focused public affairs advocacy and strategic advisory firm specializing in analysis, communications strategy, and project management to help clients solve problems, grow, and manage risk.
With offices in Washington, D.C., Dallas, and London, BSG’s partners have spent years working at the center of the action where strategy, communications, and research merge. We’ve worked on some of the most high-profile political, corporate, and public policy challenges of the past decade. Today, we bring that same collaborative, all-hands approach to help our U.S. and international clients address challenges with unique, comprehensive, and results-oriented strategies.
Qualified candidates possess at least 2 years of relevant experience as an analyst, researcher or correspondent in politics, policy, finance or public affairs firm or industry association. Ideal candidates are detail-oriented, possess a voracious appetite for news and have a ravenous curiosity that drives them towards deep dives for information, asking the underlying questions and identifying solutions. We want candidates who can stay abreast of legislative, regulatory, corporate, and other marketplace developments in transportation, energy, and all other sustainability areas. Candidates should have exceptional writing skills, a familiarity with relevant policy areas and a killer political instinct. Comfort with online research platforms and field research is preferred.
The ability to recognize news angles and generate creative ideas for earned and social media campaigns is highly valued.
- A minimum of an undergraduate degree, preferably in communications, policy, political science, government affairs, economics, or related field.
- Relevant experience in a legislative body, public interest, campaign, or grass-roots researcher/policy role is highly preferred.
- Excellent writing skills and the ability to communicate ideas persuasively.
- Highly organized and able to manage competing priorities and deadlines simultaneously.
- Proficiency in online research tools such as LexisNexis, Westlaw, campaign finance databases, and other research databases.
- Be a creative, problem solver who can identify and address the unique needs of each client.
To apply for the position, please email a cover letter resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Research” or fill out the application below.
Learn more about our people, culture, and benefits by visiting BSG Careers